Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What's new

I have been here in the US for about 10days. Over this time in all honesty I have been getting the kids school stuff sorted and enjoying some family time.
Social security numbers came this week so now I can get started on getting my US driving license and work out how I want to spend my days. But for now it's involved wifely duties and plenty of basking in the sun. Oh well ok, there has been a little time spent on my fav tv shows too...waking the dead giving me my zombie fix, and the kardashians.

Something I'm not used to here is the lack of freedom to simply walk to the local shops. although I still do it, everyone thinks I am mad.

 So here is a real quick run down of some more of my observations of middle America

People are not used to being asked questions, and often laugh at you like your stupid if you ask something they think you should know. I don't think many people are used to tourists here.

Food is wonderful, service is excellent, and alcohol is served stronger and larger.
Makeup is cheap, services are cheaper, and Money in general goes farther.

Houses are bigger, yards still exist. Many with mature trees.
areas are set up into neighborhoods. Some better than others.
People also stick to themselves, but the people that are your friends are ready to help at a moments notice. I think America still has a lot of family spirit like that.

As I type this a siren is sounding in the background, who knows what kind. But the birds and the sunshine make it easy to forget all that. I know that I have many new adventures in store, some I will love others I will be challenged with. The winters here getting to about 20 below freezing . I am uncertain how we will cope with that, but I propose we see it as another new adventure, and enjoy that last of the summer weeks before fall sets in.

Well that's all for now. 

Be blessed,

No comments:

Post a Comment