Wednesday, May 22, 2013

beginning of the week blues

HI friends, this has been one hectic start to the week!!
After work Sunday evening i was called to the emergency ward at the children's hospital due to an accident that occurred on a water-slide involving my daughter and her friend. One ambulance ride, several hours and multiple tests later, we are sent on our way with reports of whiplash, concussion and a neck brace.
  Awesome way to start the week. On a plus note my daughter is ok and it could have been far worse.
So Monday i played mummy. I cooked, spring cleaned, made all the necessary phone calls, edited some vids and in general just made sure i was here to keep tabs on my child (who needed plenty of rest.)
Roll around Tuesday and its modelling for MAC day...YAY! So after arranging a carer for my child. I am off to Polaris to visit the MAC store and be a model for my friend and MAC business manager-Habby.
  This was a great day and i learnt some useful techniques and i am sure that Habby learnt a lot too. Such things as: how to fix eyebrows that don't even appear related. What color to use to contour my pasty skin that magically got a few shades darker and is now in between shades! (hahah) Poor Hab's, i know it was challenging. Oh, and covering one of my tattoos too, she did super well on that one!We did have a great time.
 Photo: At the Mac testing area Polaris 
Winding up Tuesday we had a bite to eat at "the pub". i'm sure you can all imagine how excited i got when i saw a place like this in my town!!!
  Then off to collect my baby girl and take her to school for a performance, and boy oh boy was it crazy town at the school?! I thought i had walked into a rave filled with infants on speed!!! It was nuts. Smoke machines, strobe lighting, confetti guns, and music so loud you couldn't hear yourself think. I LOVED IT....:)
watching my little girl (who ironically towers over everyone else) do her "i'm country and i know it" dance...just cracked me up!! let me see if i can post a video or at-least some pics of this day. But for now here is the link to that awesome song if you want to check it out...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJWCGuOGojQ

  And here we are at the end of Wednesday already! Today has been filled with more of the same mothering and phone calls tomorrow its back to work. And hopefully a half day of school for my big baby. :) She is doing much better, but we are taking things easy.

be blessed,
joanna hawthorn xo

No comments:

Post a Comment