Friday, November 25, 2011

who says we have to grow old gracefully?



Before and After Photo

I was thinking today about that saying " grow old gracefully". How many of us with a choice to have a minor nip and tuck here and there wouldn't ponder this option as the years unfolded?  I think that statement seemed much more fitting in the yesteryear. With today's affordability and procedure diversities, anyone can afford to shave the years off or simply have their flaws removed. Most of these treatments are done over a lunch hour and less and less have need for recovery time. Once upon a time short of a face lift, there wasn't much else one could do.

I guess it just comes down to personal choice more than ever. I myself, don't have a problem with the general signs of aging (at my age) But ask me in another 5 yrs. This whole thinking was all triggered by a visit to a skin clinic. My best friend had a desire to treat her broken capillaries.

For years i have had a ruddy complexion and i have become a master at using makeup to cover this without making my face look like i am 15 and putting on my foundation with a shovel! However i don't feel comfortable with people seeing my skin sans makeup. And the least that i do, is put fake tan on my face in a bid to be makeup free over the swimming season. I also have a birthmark on my jaw which i once again cover pretty much daily.

After a chat to the surgeon, i was informed that with laser treatment (medicare rebated) due to the level at which my condition is, i could have my skin more uniformed in color, my pigmentation greatly reduced (bye bye freckles) my pores significantly decreased in size (every woman's dream) and my fine lines addressed all in the same procedure. To which my out of pocket expense would be minimal.

This was like music to my ears. I couldn't have dream't that one day something as amazing as the harnessing of energy into concentrated dots could do so many wonderful things! My days of needing to wear makeup many soon decline greatly, then i can simply enjoy wearing it instead. For years i have enjoyed transforming people with the medium of makeup from the person they see, to a more radiant and beautiful version of themselves. I finally feel that with this treatment, i am going to be the one looking in that mirror, with tears of joy.

Here is a brief summery of some of today's non surgical cosmetic procedures for your information, or amusement...i am neither advocating nor condoning, simply sharing information and my own thoughts.

be blessed,
joanna xo


Anti-wrinkle treatments

Muscle-relaxer injections can rejuvenate the appearance of the face. Designed to smooth away fine lines and wrinkles, muscle-relaxer injections are a
quick and effective solution.  


Arm lift / Brachioplasty

Brachioplasty or arm lift is a procedure that removes loose, sagging skin from the upper arms and is generally sought by patients who have experienced significant weight loss. 



Facial skin care

a variety of treatments for younger, more luminous looking skin, including laser skin resurfacing, FotoFacial™ IPL, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion,
and chemical peels



Sclerotherapy

Sclerotherapy is an injection procedure that can greatly reduce and/or remove unsightly spider veins which develop on the face or legs



Cosmetic Injections

 dermal stimulators, and lip enhancement treatments.



Laser Hair Removal

This disables the follicle from growing hair, which means that over several treatments, there is a long-term reduction in the amount of hair in that area.





Ultherapy

Ultherapy® is a revolution in facial rejuvenation. Ultherapy® uses ultrasound energy, commonly used in medical imaging and physical therapy to achieve skin tightening in an
in-office treatment.




All information on these procedures was taken from http://www.silkwoodmedical.com.au/non_surgical.html


No comments:

Post a Comment